Contracts and Annexes
By entering into a contract with Eco Partners Bulgaria AD, your company becomes our member, and we are committed to:
- Fulfilling, on your behalf, the legal obligations for separate collection and recovery of packaging waste resulting from the use of products imported and / or placed on the market in the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Achieving the goals set out in the legislation for separate collection, recycling and recovery of packaging waste resulting from the use of products imported and / or marketed by you in the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Ensuring that the competent authorities are provided with the information required by law to certify the fulfillment of your obligations for separate collection, recycling and recovery of packaging waste.
Your obligations to Eco Partners are to provide the necessary reports and information and to pay the contractual fees due.
Our contractual clauses are flexible and entirely in the interest of our members, strictly adhering to the principles of:
- Honesty and partnership.
- Legal and contractual guarantees to fulfill our commitments to you.
- Freedom if you wish to terminate the contract.
- Flexibility when a change in the quantities you declare for the relevant period is needed.
- Proper treatment of you even after termination of the contract.
If you have any questions about the contract or its annexes, do not hesitate to contact our team.
- DIRECTIVE 94/62/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 1994 on Packaging and Packaging Waste/
- Waste Management Act
- Ordinance on Packaging and Packaging Waste – amended and supplemented SG/60 of 20 July, 2018.
- ORDINANCE determining the order and amount of payment of a product fee
In connection with the frequent questions to us regarding the use of the Green Dot mark on packaging, we would like to bring to your attention the detailed opinion of the legal team of Eco Partners Bulgaria AD. The document presents the legal arguments justifying the following conclusions:
- The Green Dot mark does not indicate affiliation with a particular recovery organization.
- The Green Dot mark is not a typical trademark within the meaning of the Trade Marks and Geographical Indications Act (LMGI) and European intellectual property law.
- Manufacturers / importers of goods whose packaging is marked with a Green Dot do not commit an infringement within the meaning of the LMGT, since the presence of the mark does not indicate the offering or provision of services with that mark.
- The use of the Green Dot mark does not lead to improper revenue for its users and could not lead to civil liability in the sense of the LMIG.
Eco Partners offers its current and future clients completely free legal advice and advice regarding the use of the Green Dot mark. We are aware that this is a serious problem, especially with regard to imported goods whose packaging is marked with the mark by their manufacturer. The payment of additional fees in this case, where the importer is not able to choose the type of packaging, entails unjustified costs, which ultimately also increases the price of the product concerned. We work in partnership with one of the leading intellectual property law firms, so we can answer all your questions.